Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Kinga G - Salamanca, Spain - Spring 2015

Hey everyone! 
I am currently studying abroad in Salamanca, Spain through IES Abroad. I’ve been here for about a month now and I absolutely love it! Everything is so beautiful and has so much history. I adjusted quite fast to the regular Spanish lifestyle. The hardest part was probably getting used to their eating schedule. Quite different from the U.S.! But my host mom makes the best meals so I cannot complain at all!

I’m currently taking classes at both the IES Center and at the Universidad de Salamanca (USAL). My classes at the university are much bigger than I am used to, since there are over 30,000 students at the school. I’m really glad I made the decision to study at USAL since it is helping my Spanish out drastically!
In the short month I’ve been here, I have already visited Segovia, Toro, Zamora, and Ciudad Rodrigo. I even saw a running of the bulls and a bull fight. Spain has so much to offer both historically and culturally. I am beyond thrilled that I made the decision to study abroad!! 


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kinga!

I hope you're having a lot of fun in Spain! It certainly seems like it! What has it been like with the balance between school, school work, and traveling/exploring Salamanca?

Natalie D.

P.S. We miss you! LIOB

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Kinga G. said...

Hey Natalie!!

My program requires me to take 5 classes. My IES classes have a little more work to do and are quite similar to the U.S., in the sense that they have a lot of busy work. On the other hand, my university classes do not have any homework at all.
I don`t have any Friday classes so the weekends are perfect for exploring and traveling! During the week I have some time to go to different events or just grab coffee with friends. As long as you stay on top of all of your work, you will have plenty of time to get to know the city!!

Kinga G.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you mentioned adapting to a different eating schedule, I am wondering if you experienced any other culture shock. Sounds like you're having a great time, you visited so many places in such a short amount of time!
Jill H

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Kinga G. said...

Hey Jill!

For me it was mostly just the eating schedule that took some adapting too and the fact that Spaniards are constantly running late and walk very slowly. Other than that everything has been great. Prior to Salamanca, I've gone to Poland multiple times to visit family so I knew that Spain would be somewhat similar to my experience there, so I found it fairly easy to adjust and integrate myself into Salamanca.

Kinga

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home