Wednesday, March 04, 2015

John O - Barcelona, Spain - Spring 2015

Hola!
So its been just about two months here in Barcelona and I couldn’t be more happy! I love literally everything here. I have two roommates and we are in homestay with the most amazing woman I have ever met. Every morning she makes us breakfast sandwiches with bread she made from scratch…yea, from scratch. She also has us orange juice that she squeezes every morning from oranges she grows in southern Spain…I hit the jack pot for house moms. IES has also been incredible! There facilities  are great and are so helpful to all of us here. I can only say great things about this place and I can’t wait for my next adventures!
P.S. Traveling is very easy and SO awesome.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karina Ambriz said...

Wow that sounds amazing! I will also be doing a homestay so that makes me excited. I am curious do you find it easy to travel there?

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi John,
I loved the fresh squeezed orange juice from Spain. The absolute best! I have a question for you. Are there any difference from EC with classes?

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Kayla K said...

John,

I am now very jealous...and hungry after hearing about youre time in Spain! Im so glad youre having fun! It's good to know that traveling is easy and fun! Did you experience any culture shock when you got there? It seems like you adjusted nicely!

Have fun and be safe!
Kayla

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John!
It sounds like you are having a blast and I am very jealous!
Did you experience any culture shock or do you miss anything from home?

Hope you're having fun!
Tara Mitchell

1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!

Karina Ambriz,

Traveling is SO easy. There is a bus called AeroBus that takes you directly to the airport for 5 euro in like 30 minutes. Totally the best way to get there. Barca airport is very nice too.

Karina Sutker,

I would say the only difference is the work load. Not much homework or assignments just to boost your grade. Everything is projects or quizzes. Not too bad!

Kayla K and Tara M,

I did not experience any at all! I think its all about your attitude coming into this. It is very different but you can handle it! I just always kept an open mind and did everything I possibly could. Sitting in your room alone at night will make things worse! Go out with new friends and it will all be fine.


Thanks guys for the comments! Your going to have so much fun abroad!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home